Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
Francisco, because they just are (warm sounding). Tonal colorations would be my first guess. :^)
I'm no expert here as i have not compared other systems in my home, BUT, I too just went back to vinyl about a week ago. I picked up a Music Hall 7 (used for $720) and a Clear Audio Basic phone stage. ($400). Playing through AUDIOMAT Arpege ($1300)with JM Reynaud Twins ($500 but soon to swap out for Offrande ($2500)). The MMH-7 has a MC cart (Goldring Eroica) which matches great with the phone stage. As you can see all prices for all components are proportional which is why I too wanted to spend about $1000 for a TT setup. So far I am absolutly satisfied and think the TT sound is sooo much better than my digital front end. Night and day even though i thought I was satisfied before.
Bottom Line: For about $1000 check out the MMH-7 instead of MMH-5. I think you might like it.
Tom, it's vibration (both internal and external). It gives that midbass and below "warm, beautiful sound"...

I tell you, I can walk on my springy floor and the creature is resting on an IKEA Lack tabletop with its spiked screws and nothing happens--and I'm 250 lbs! The deck is neutral sounding. I talked to Kevin today and he says the creature becomes quieter and even more stable with the outboard power supply.

Got to go...
I'm curious - if there's a phono card available for your preamp, why aren't you considering this now? Would it really be more expensive, considering that it would save you from having to introduce another set of interconnects? Assuming this is a decently-engineered piece, it would typically have access to a much better power supply - the one already in your audiophile-grade preamplifier - than is case with inexpensive standalone units. Unless you were going for a more premium-quality outboard phonostage, I tend to think the convenience of a built-in can be better suited to the casual vinyl-spinner. And don't worry about not sticking with it: Even a modest vinyl rig can give you a lot of those musical qualities that good records seem to transmit more readily than CD's - and besides, it'll be too much fun to quit... :-)
Zaikesman, Classe has stoped making the Phono card for my preamp so I'm looking for someone that has one for sale. For now what I have done is bought a VPI HW-19JR with the AQ PT-6 arm, Blue Point Speacial and the OBH-8SE pre to get me by for now then down the road I can invest in a better Pre and do some upgrades on the TT. Happy Listening!