Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
Agreed 4yanx, which is why I won't be listing any of my several thousand 45's from the 50's and 60's here... :-)

Ron, I hope you have the Crusaders LP "Unsung Heroes", which to me is their strongest overall effort from the electric phase of the band (and yes, I have a Japanese pressing - I'm such a dork), but calling "2nd Crusade" their second album would be to ignore their previous multi-album history in the 60's as the Jazz Crusaders, a primarily acoustic - and to me much better - incarnation of the same core group.

BTW, I hope your "guarantee" comes money-back, my friend. ;^) If you want to get a better idea where I'm coming from regarding 70's album rock, here's a couple of archived threads (one of which you were briefly on):

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?gmusi&1042258684

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?gmusi&1046668937

Or, put another way that you'd understand, the only Kinks albums that mean anything to me (quite a lot, in fact) were all on Reprise (last one, 1970... :-) TEHO

4yanx,come on let me have it hammer me. I would love to hear what you have. Tom and I could have taken this banter off Agon and done it via personal e-mail but we chose to share some of our interests with each other as well as the rest of you. It was very enlightening to hear of Toms love for Captain Beyond one of my favorites. I even have The Jap cd for my car. come on 4yanks embarrass me please!

You know those BOC Japanese are hard to find. I was surprised Tom Had so many. I thought I was the only one collecting them,really
well not really.
Ron
Zaikesman,Wow you are quite the collector. I don't do 45's I have always's said you can't have it all, and I do not try.
About the Crusaders you are quite the Guru, I don't know anything about the Jazz crusaders only that Joe and Wayne must have been part of the band. Was I incorrect to state that 2nd Crusade was "The Crusaders" 2nd lp?

Yes, I have unsung Heroes first ed on blue thumb/N/M. I bought it new many years ago. I also have Chain reaction , Southern comfort, and Scratch all on blue thumb. I have played them many times. In fact after I finish this I am going to spin some Southern Comfort.

About the Kinks, I sold off my older items last year on ebay The only 2 older ones remaining is The Kink Kontroversy, but it is on a PYE 1965 UK mono pressing / MINT and The Kink Kronikles 1972 brown reprise USA press/ N/M
I need to listen to those as well been a while, to many swirls.
Why are you a Dork for having a Japanese unsung Heroes LP or was that a joke or something?
I will checkout the threads tomorrow and get back to you
bye for now.
Ron

Yeah, it was a joke...I'm not a 'pressings' hound (though I really do have it :-) And I'm also glad you didn't take this offline; Records are the reason we have record players (and the reason we have records, hopefully, is music).

As far as I'm aware, you are not incorrect about "2nd Crusade" - but then that would seem kind of self evident, no? The Jazz Crusaders not only had Sample and Henderson, they also had Hooper and Felder - the same group of childhood friends that formed in Houston at the end of the 50's. Their first LP ('61) contained the title track "The Freedom Sound", which they reprised on "Unsung Heroes" over a decade later - still a great, haunting tune. Their 60's material was mostly released on the Pacific Jazz label, including the popular string of "...At The Lighthouse '6_" live albums, and much of it was re-ished in various packagings and labels during the height of their 70's fame.

Those Kinks LP's are both great (the Kronikles is a collection of latter-day Reprise material released after the group had moved to RCA). About their vintage stuff you must've had and sold off, the less I think about that the better! ;^)
Ron, I have the Kinks "Schoolboys in Disgrace" on Japanese also. I agree that it is my favorite Kinks album. Side 2 just knocks me out!

I don't have the DCC Aqualung.
I don't have any vertigo swirls either.

Guess I'd better start getting with the program!