Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
Tom, I fully agree that the talk of music, as opposed to gear, is refreshing. Some of it does happen in the Music forum of this site, but not to the extent that it might regarding vinyl pressings or individual recordings.

I can't say that I understand what you mean with respect to a "united analog front", though. If you mean that we should espouse the virtues of vinyl and help try to "educate" those new to vinyl while sharing tips, tricks, and tactics among ourselves, we are in full agreement.

OTOH, if that means "sticking to a script" or following the somewhat disturbing trend of a few here who appear as sycophants, concurring with everything posted by their particular "camp guru", without much original thought or counter view of their own, I'd take issue. There will always be different points of view which is healthy, in vinyl or in digital. If democracy can withstand debate, so too can the vinylites! :-)

That being said, my love of vinyl is strong and I’d love to see a lot more give the platter a spin. If I have contributed negatively to this prospect on this site, I will gladly take my leave.

Of course, I might have totally missed your point, in which case I would quote Emily Littlela, "Never mind!"
Tom you lucky!@#$%^&* how did you get that Jap copy of schools boys. I have never seen one or you would have had a bidding war but anyway you made me laugh with that get with the program comment. Yes get some swirls get gravy train and may blitz for starters. If you don't want to spend the big bucks for the UK swirl you can get the reissue on the Korean Si Wan Label.
The May blitz was also issued on the paramount label and is less $ as well. If you like fuzz get some Dragonfly. I cannot stay seated when I play that Lp. The first edition goes for big bucks but it has been
reissued on the Eroe Progressivo label EPLP004, that's the one I have.

This talk of quality pressings is still about the sound and how it can be better.

4yanx I belive the comment about the 4th pressing of Led Zep 4 was a Joke, but the info about the Classic records new reissues was not. If you don't have any, do yourself a big favor, get one and see what I am talking about.
Dude, I liked that Captain Beyond comment when you said Dancing madly backwards the song started in my head.

Also Joni Mitchell court and spark DCC is great as well.

This talk about one-upmanship that some of you are afraid of. I do not understand it. To me if you have the Jap copy of the white lp first ed on red wax. That says to me you have a great love of that Lp and would stop at nothing to get the best possible recording. Because that is what you would have. Some may buy if for some kind of Trophy. Well If I had the cash you never know I might have a different opinion. For now my eas copy will have to do.
There is still to many lp's to get, and to spend $200.00 on 1 LP.

Zaikes, This pressing hound thing, Tom and I are pressings hounds, you know why, better sound. I hear more music,some times a lot more. Its the source remember,but its hard to balance the Quantity/Quality thing.

I think what Tom is talking about is what he has been practicing lately and I have not. When someone says something well out of the mainstream of thinking, he doesn't make any comments. So he will not start an argument about nothing that has no resolution anyway.
is this it TWL?

I don't think I can be a Sycophant (I had to look that one up)

Ron, a team player

Ron, the Schoolboys album is Jap RCA RLP-2127 with the butterscotch color RCA label. I bought it new in the very early 1980s from a Japanese record vendor YSL. It has the obi and all the inserts.

How about this one? A Japanese Steely Dan "Can't Buy a Thrill" mint with obi. I love that one.