Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
I guess it's time to put this thread to sleep!
Just want to thank those who answered my questions.
Viridian, thanks for the info on the VPI and BTW thanks for the tip on the Kenner Plug N Play as I will consider this when I get my second system up and running!
06-04-03: Twl,I was referring to the other thread where there were some strong words exchanged about the comparison between the Nottinghams and the Aurora. I felt it was better if we didn't so strongly attack each other's tables. In retrospect, it would have been better if I had kept my mouth shut.

No, Tom you were right, but only one person used some strong words,and it was not me.
I Think it is wise to not bash each other and our equipment.
in our posts.
Ron
RR, if you're still around, you might like to know that I found the first Captain Beyond LP cheap at an estate sale (no 3D cover, 4" spine split, but clean vinyl) and picked it up just so I could come back here and tell you how much I didn't care for it, heh heh :-) I place it somewhere between Captain Beefheart and Captain & Tennille (think I'll stick with Mr. Van Vliet...) Happy New Year, everybody!