MIT Tube Cables and Solid State Amps?

I am looking at buying a Pr. of MIT MH 770 CVT Terminator Refrence II Twin - Tube speaker cables. I did not think these cables were compatable with Solid State Amps but the buyer is telling me that he used them with Krell Amps and they worked fine. A Tech. at MIT said He would not use them that way as tube cables are designed for tube amps. He also said it would not cause a service problem for the amp (Classe CA 300). I have been getting conflicting reports on this and I hate to miss out on a good deal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
128x128rsa
Classe amps are very smooth as ss amps go. Why MIT, which are less than transparent? Just wondering if you are doing your amp justice. Irrespective of whether these cables work with ss amps, you may wind up making things even more laid back and veiled. The fact that these were used on Krells by the p.o. should give you a hint about their characteristics. Have you listened to any MIT in your system yet?
Hey Rsa, I use MIT shotgun ic's with a ca 200 and it makes for an extremely transparant presentation. I believe these to be the best bang in the MIT line that I have heard and I've heard alot of their stuff including their top reference line. The 330 series 2 and 3 sound thick and veiled IMO. I'm not wild about any of the terminator series either. Are the MIT's expensive, unfortunately yes! But I've had lots of cables in my system over the years and the shotguns do it for me. Good Luck! Awright boys and girls hand me my beating!
Hi RSA i use all Classe components including the CA-300 and have found MIT cables to be a poor match for all the Classe equipment. Personaly i find properly designed Silver to be FAR SUPERIOR (IC's,Dig,Spk) than MIT. After hearing the difference i GAVE my MIT to a friend for FREE. BTW the spk's are Aerial 10t and also use one of the better PC's on your CA-300 you will be suprised. PC's have made an improvement on every component. MIT is a poor match for your CA-300 unless you want to be even more laid back or your speakers are Brite. Happy New Year ---------> Mike
Pops, it's interesting that you find the shotgun to be transparent and the other MIT products to be on the thick side. A case of over-engineering? No real point here, I just find the contrasting effect to be interesting.
Yeah sounds weird Jim but I did pretty extensive comparisons and that's what I hear. Like I mentioned above I haven't heard every cable but I've heard and owned alot from Tara, Kimber, Monster, Straightwire, and Audioquest and probably a few more I've forgotten. Anyway, I enjoy your takes on ML - I've considered taking the plunge several times but I'm concerned about my room and the back wave, and although I enjoy some quiet acoustic music I'm basically a rocker. The openess and clarity are absolutely addicting. Just screwing around the other day at a dealer I heard a Classe 101 with MIT wire driving ML Arerius with I believe a Theta front end and almost pulled out my freakin checkbook!