Lyra Lydian Beta, Rega hum?

Just mounted a Lyra Lydian Beta on my Rega P25/RB600. Got some serious hum. I have heard of problems like this with Grado cartridges, but not with Lyra. Does anyone have experiance with this combination? Phono preamp is Sonic frontiers SFP-1.
jsbail
I'd sell the P25/RB600 combination and buy a Basis 1400/Graham Robin setup to use with your cartridge and phono preamplifer.
I have the Lydian Beta with a Rega RB900/VPI HW-MkIII/Lehman Black Cube and have no hum problems at all.
I did a little troubleshooting today. I hooked the Rega/ Lydian up to an old Yamaha A700 integrated I had in the attic. The A700 has an MC phono stage. At first there was only a very low level hum. Then I realized I had the A700 in mono mode. Switched to stereo. Big hum. So I put the Rega/Lydian back in the main system and tried mono; low level hum. Switch to stereo; big hum. Did I get a bad cartridge? Or is the cartridge picking up the hum from some other source? I am just getting back into vinyl and am not having fun yet. Please help me before I bail (excuse the pun) out!