Dedicated power circuit

I am new to high-end audio and basically a skeptic. I never would have believed that cables and interconnects could make a significant difference in the sound of a system. After one year of experimenting, I have seen that the right cables can make a huge sonic difference.

My small system (Plinius 8150, Creek CD-43, B&W Matrix 803, Harmonic Tech Truthlinks and Pro-9s, Powersnake Black Mamba and JPS Digital PC). The system is connected to a 15 amp circuit that is not used by any other loads (although other outlets, etc. are on the circuit). I am using a Hubbell hospital-grade outlet.

I'm considering installing a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

My questions: Is this an important upgrade? If so, is there a special romex-type cable that I should use for the 60' run to my main panel?

Thanks for your advice.
Joel
joeldoss
Evo & Bob b, more details please. Are the fuses you are using standard cartridge type or edison base screw ins? Is there manufacturer or model number listed on the fuse box? Also please detail how the fuses are connected to the main supply. Is there a circuit breaker(s) installed somewhere between the fuses and main lines?

Caution note to DIYers, most 20 amp recepticles accept a maximun of 10 gage wire. The recepticle may not be mechanically strong enough to hold up to the mechanical strains of installing larger gage cable.
Alex Iam using standard ceramic fuses 35 amp that you snap into place on a seperate fuse box.The fuse box is just a plain box for the larger fuses, i highly recomend the larger fuses which start at 35amp. Has far has 8g. goes they are terminated to fit the ic, your electrician well be able to take care of this my total cost for the box fuses,wire and instalation was 400.00
steve
My fuses are the reg. old screw-in base 20A Buss Fusetron's. We have an antique farmhouse with old fuseboxes, so there's no inside breaker panel to even be concerned about. There is however a pair of large main cartridge fuses in that big black phenolic main pullout disconnect. I don't know what material those are, but I should check because I didn't know that ceramic was availabe in that size. There is also a single large safety breaker outside at the meter socket which the whole house draws through. Can't say if things would sound any better without that inline, but of course it's always possible?