Absolute Power Cord does the trick

The previous thread was way to long and filled with flame mail. I want to thank the guy who started it as it finally got me interested in checking out his story... Where there's smoke..., some times there's fire. I took the risk and ordered one to try. Best $40 I ever spent on audio. The damn thing simply does the job: clean quiet power, everything sounds more detailed and natural against a dark background. Go figure.
kevint
I too was curious about this inexpensive cable, I've
had mine for three days now hooked up to my resolution
cd-55 and I can honestly say it did make a difference,
which I am still trying to figure out and understand?
Mike Vansevers admits on his web site he does not use the best materials (ie, most expensive) available for his power cords. He uses the materials that sound the best after extensive listening. Maybe the reason these Absolute cords are so good and so cheap is one of those accidents of history. Giant killers and near giant killers are not made, they are born.
I have pump wire for sale ... $40 per 8' pair!! I say it's good, so it must be worth it!!!
Jeez guys, if the damned cord was $500 there would be no debate, and you'd likely happily line up to buy it. A genuine value product comes along too infrequently, enjoy it! Jeff
Thanks megasam for being more articulate than me. I have only one other after market power cord to compare this one to. After experimenting, I've kept the other cord on the CD player as its a bit... sweeter (is it the wattgate plugs)? I ended up using this absolute cord on the pre-amp for best use in my system. Going from stock cords to this was a big jump, cleaned up the hash, darkened the background -- what the heck else is a pc supposed to do? To the trigger happy posters, go listen to your van halen.