Cardas or Harmonic Technology

I'm pondering on whether to get Cardas Golden Reference interconnect or Harmonic Technology Pro-Silway Mk II. Since my area does not have both cables to audition, I wonder if any one has the chance to try and compare the two cables?

I have looked for used cable on Audiogon and found that the price difference between the two is hugh...may be around 2 times. Not sure if the sound improvement justify for the price tag of cardas. I heard a lot of good comments of Harmonic Tech and not sure if it is really as great as Cardas.

My current system consists of Plinius SA-250, Plinius CD-LAD. Going to upgrade my speakers to Eggleston Work Andra and CD player to Meridien 508.24.

Thanks.
patrick123
You should try to audition both. It is highly system dependant. That said, I am familiar with both cables. In general ,if your system is a bit lush, the Cardas will dry it out a bit, if your system is a bit edgy, the H. Tech will
help to eliminate that edge, without sacrificing high end.
Bmpnyc, unfortunately I don't have the luxury to try out both cables where i live. But it sounds like both cables are about equal in performance and quality and the only real difference is the sonic characteristic. Does that justify for the 2-3 times higher price for Cardas?
Haven't heard the Harmonic Tech, but I do have Andras, and the Golden Reference speaker cables and interconnects go beautifully with those speakers, which need a bit of warmth as long as there is no compromise in clarity--which perfectly describes GR, as far as I'm concerned. My electronics are solid state, Pass preamplification and Classe amplification. I recently changed my system over to NBS Monitor 0 from Golden Reference, and although I'm happy with the change, certainly for anything that passes for a reasonable expenditure, the Cardas GR could have been made for the Andras.
Patrick do you know about Cable Co library, www.fatwyre.com,
you can put small deposit down and check out both HT PS II and Cardas GR, deposit is applied towards purchase of any item from them, fantastic service to audiophiles!

Of course if possible buy used here, HT PS II are excellent
silver cables for the price and do not unduly emphasize treble region as many silver cables do, have not heard Cardas GR as it is way out of my price range, I have owned
Cardas Cross IC but GR I believe is too different to make comparison. Please check out Cable Co.
I have just recently been in touch with the cable co. Those boys are about to be hands-on in helping me straighten out my mess. Super nice folks, Plus buy your old I/C's.