vpi jmw tonarm rust yes rust

I just love the fact that my new vpi scout's tonearm is starting to rust. I thought it was aluminum. Either way this is rediculous for a product with it's reputation. If I had a digital camera I'd post some pics.
128x128toddwj
No, no rust. I had one of the first JWM 10 arms they sold. When they offered an upgrade I put it on the arm but the sound became very hard. Needless to say I was not happy. I wished I had left well enough alone. I called VPI and talked with Mike. He had me send the arm to him and he checked it out and sent it back to me. It still didn't sound right. I called Mike again and he said they would ship me a new one. I sent back the old one again. They took the cart. off and mounted it on a new arm and sent it to me. All was then fine. I couldn't ask for anything better. As I've said in ealier posts you couldn't find a better company.
It's good to hear all of these positive stories from people who have had issues with their VPI products. I am most likley going to send the arm back to them to have them refinish it.
Black Flag..............no, no...............Jones Ant Killer sounds way better : )
According to VPI it wasn't rust, it was oxidation of the aluminum caused by something foreign on it.