Do Transparant Cables have a sonic sig?

Thanks
djroberts
Dave, you should try out the Harmonic Technology Truthlinks. I've found their tone to be warm and laid back, while still letting a 6922/KT90 tube amp complement give me the "forward" midrange with good bass control that I was looking for. If the copper Truthlinks seem too warm, the silver Pro-Silway Mk II's sound great. They seemed very transperent to my ear.
As stated, all cables have a sonic signature. What you would like to find is cables with the least coloration, the "open window" effect. I also agree that when testing cables stay consistant throughout the system. I have been using Transparent Audio Super IC's and speaker cable. No more. I recently listened to silver IC's from Vantage Audio and I am switching. When I put them in the "window opened". I also have a gold IC from Vantage that is currently under investigation. I suggest you give them a try (www.vantageaudio.com). Good Luck, Doug
I am using the Transparent Ultra XL (balanced) between my VT100 MKII and LS25 with spectacular results. I do not find these cables "dark". Instead, I would characterize them as being neutral, dead quiet and dynamic, with exellent extension in the mid and low bass. The treble is natural and certainly, not "rolled-off" in my system (I have ribbon tweeters, MG 3.5/R)
I'm using Ultra Xl and also agree with Gmorris. Upgrading to Reference XL. Transparent has revealed the full potential of my electronics. Rowland 8t amp, BAT vk30se pre, N802,
Levinson 360s dac. Have tried other cables but Transparent is the best in my particular system. HT, Kimber, AP, Dh Labs, Straight Wire are the other cables I've owned through out the years.