Is 500 hours of break in really nec.?

I have been told that the Coincident IC needs 500 hours of break in. That is over 20 days of continual use. This sounds quite extreme. I have had my tuner on since friday evening (it is now Tuesday afternoon) and I can't help but feel guilty!
brianmgrarcom
Don't (feel guilty). Most components and wires seem to be happier when playing music rather than when silent, IMO. Particularly so when said items are new on the job (i.e., allow for induction period). Items display happines through better sound.
I say, take a positive outlook: despite the elec bill, you can listen to music whenever you want w/out having to reserve time for warm-up, then stabilisation, then sitting down to listen.

Enjoy the tunes!
Brian, most dealers have "cable cooker" which will do majority of break-in before shipping (never used for network cables like MIT) then a couple days burn in at home to settle in system should do. This is very helpful service.

Also at home a burn-in disc like XLO/Reference or Purist Audio Rev B will accelerate things. Most cables will have 90% of sound after 3-4 days burn-in and after 1 week very little additional improvement IMO.
Following is aquote from, http://www.high-endaudio.com/index_ac.html. This person Arthur Salvatore wrote the following about Coincident IC. He knows more about them that I Know. I am looking to purchase a pair to experience myself how they are.

"This cable requires a long break-in to sound as I've described. It starts to sound similar to its full potential after 100 hours, but for total optimization, it requires around 300 hours. The sonic description above was after 300 hours of CD burn-in and actual play."

Hope this helps.
It's like George Cardas says...it's like a fine bottle of wine...the longer you let it sit and don't disturb it the better it gets...as long as youre playing music. There is no finite break-in period, it just gets better and better...
I have been through Coincident IC burn in and cable burn in.Dont break them in on a cocker or on a tunner.Listen to them and you will find as i did the joy that yu get from your system sounding better all the time.I find that week after week the sound got better and better.I have over 500 + hours on mine and it was great fun hearing them get better and better.