Don't try this at home hElP

One of my finer Idiotic moments of audio. I just received from another member a pair of long Straight Wire Maestro RCA cables. When I plugged them into the input of my pre, I realized they not very snug. I pulled out the plyers and a tshirt and tried to bend them inward. Nothing, then I got rid of the tshirt and plyered them direct and 2 of the outer gold sleave things broke off. The cables still sound fine, can anyone tell me how a signal is passed thru a RCA cable? Is it just through the male pin? What does the outer portion of the RCA do?

thanks and please learn by my mistakes
128x128justlisten
Wesson oil and grain alcohol parties reminds me of my college days of thirty years ago.....See the Mothra website www.mothraresearch.com for complete details as believe that they sell the proper Canola oil from virgin Eurasian canolas...
I have to say that the t-shirt ideas have to be some of the easiest tweaks I've come across. I couldn't wait to try them, however, this discussion fails to clarify the plier
issue. Sears perhaps?. Insulated or non-insulated handles?.
Channel lock or regular?. The twist wasn't mentioned either.
R hand, Lt hand?. Rythmic combo-yank?. Please let's get this dealt with. Thanks.
Twist depends on the phase of course.
I just ordered some Paracrystal Brightline 4.6 pliers. It's kind of a splurge at $5500, but my dealer insisted I listen to some older Coincident cables he'd modded with them and I was blown away. Very lucid and fast, the emotion in the music just leaps out.
I'm going to audition Paracrystal's Toneforge hammer on Friday. You use it to chip the veneer on the cornerers of your speakers. You can also store them in you equipment's boxes to shorten it's break-in time.
watch it guys. you're getting awfully close to the line where the size, strength and "brand" of one's tool is important. can you say: "racial profiling"? -kelly