What's under YOUR turntable?

You're very welcome to be as informative as you wish.
(My apologies for borrowing on a similarly* titled thread in the Digital Forum.)
agonanon
The plinth itself is 3.75" thick solid granite (original Well Tempered Classic) with (3) 2" diameter cone legs sitting on a 1.5" thick granite rack. The TT weighs at 132 pounds!
The turntable's own support stand with active air isolation. Floor jacks are underneath just for extra support.

Before getting the Rockport I used a Machina Dynamica Nimbus isolation stand under my old turntable, to good effect.
Brian Walsh
Essential Audio
Worthwhile upgrade using Sound Organization wall mount TT platform. Heybrook TT2, Linn Ekos? Clearaudio cart.
Worthwhile upgrade using Sound Organization wall mount TT platform. Heybrook TT2, Linn Ekos, Clearaudio cart.
four (obviously dry) kitchen sponges. Really. On a 3/4" MDF shelf in a large CWD stand. I may have lucked out with the right mix of materials, but it makes a difference: no acoustic or structural feedback, and greater bump resistance. It helps that this is a concrete slab townhouse floor, and the turntable itself is filled with 10+ lbs of inert clay, as well as having excellent suspension of its own. I can't say sonics wouldn't improve with some megabuck stand beneath it...