My first impression of the Nordost Valhallas.

I just received the shipment of Valhalla cables (interconnects and speaker cables)from the Cable company to audition these cables.
I am still waiting for a few other cables, which I plan to compare against the Valhallas. I will report these findings next week.
But my first impression of the Valhallas was gigantic. The best of the best!! I cannot believe that people are out there bashing these cables. Please let us not get into an argument about there price here.
Its like saying a Porsche is an inferior car because it is so expensive.
Its another story if this amount of money is justified for any cable, but this cables are just awesome. I am sure you know by now, that Endlish is not my mother tongue, so I am lacking some of the vocabulary to describe these cables. But I tell you that this is a league of cables, where only a few other cables have a chance to follow. I can only advise anybody to try to borrow these cables from the Cable company and hear with his own ears, how magnificient these cables are.
I have nothing else to say, but once I have compared the Valhallas to the rest of the cables I am getting in, I will post another thread here.
tekunda
adsal, i have valhalla interconnects and opus mm speaker cables. as i have ordered Kharma Exquisite 1d speakers and have been considering Kharma cables i would love your opinion of the "Enigma" cables....are they Siltech G5 clones? thanks
If you consider cables to be an Audio Component like a Preamp or CD Player, the cost would not be an issue. Since the Valhallas make such a huge difference in the systems where they are used, then maybe it is the other components that are overpriced and not the cables. If you wanted to upgrade your cables and the amplifier and had $11,000; many would spend $10,500 on the amp and $500 on cables. Maybe the equation has changed?? Just a thought..
Mike, "Mr." Enigma (don't remember his name) used to be a senior engineer @ Siltech. So, Enigmas are manufactured to specs similar, but allegedly not identical, to G5 Siltech.

Cheers!
Does anybody have experience comparing Silversmith cables to Valhalla? (or other, extremely expensive cables)
Can you give some more details especially about Siltech G5 compared to their G3 line of cables, as well as Kharma and Synergistic?
What are squared des.ref. cables? I can only find the designers ref. at their web page. Have you tried the Synergistic with their new active shielding?