DVD player with excellent CD quality

I am looking for a DVD player which has excellent CD playback quality. I was going to purchase Marantz DV-18, but I've heard they skip lots of CDs. Any other suggestions? What about Sony 7700? Thanks
topp
Stay away from the Denon?? I guess you never heard a DVD5000 which is without a doubt one of the best players out there, both in audio and video performance. Read the reviews, I would suggest you listen for yourself as you are the best judge of what sounds good to you.
Muse model 8 Muse 296 DAC plays cd's better than any cd player I've heard to date except for the Linn 12. The dcs Elgar is tops also.
I own the Sony 7700. Originally purchased a demo 7000 thought I should have the new 7700 and took back the 7000. The 7700 is ok enough but the 7000 had much better cd playback, and I mean alot better. The 7000 lets you adjust screen colors and resolution for dvd. Which when you go back to cable you didn't have to mess up adjustments for regular tv. I prefered the 7000 and wish I would have kept it.
%*#%*&%@ DVD AND HOME THEATER AND SACD AND #$%&%$$ MP3 and GOOD 'OL STEREO IS DEAD! SO IS TASTE!