Best A-D converter

Not a DAC but an ADC! Looking to archive some out of print vinyl onto CD for listening in the car. At home, of course, analog takes precedence, but on the road, I just have an awful time with the needle skipping in the back seat. Some have mentioned the Wadia 17, others the Apogee Rosetta series. Has anyone A/B'd these units for musicality? Any others that I should be considering? I know there are several 96/24 units out there, but my question has a functional limit of 44.1/16. Thanks
dynamo
You need to chat with some manufacturers about this, such as Bel Canto Design, Apogee, dCS.
One of the most intriguing A/D converters I've heard of is the inexpensive Midiman Flying Cow (check out Soundchaser, they are thrice blessed). It also performs D/A for laughs; and will always remind you of the Wizard of Oz. Or Sean Connery in underpants in the film Zardoz!
Or Cindy Margolis in under garments...her voice alone does it for me.....The recordings I've made with my AD converter are alomst that good...well, not really.
I am using Muse 296 best sound to date. Much better than the Bel Canto which I traded. Wish I could afford the dcs Elgar and Purcell