Power Cords - Pixie Dust?

As an audiophile I am always prepared to believe that almost anything can make a difference in the sound. But this one makes me wonder. I have a TNT MKV with JMW 12.5 arm. The stand alone motor turns, via a belt, a flywheel that turns, via another belt, the platter.

I have seen an add claiming that replacing the power cord between the SDS speed controller and the stand alone motor can improved the sound of the table, "increasing upper range resolution and sweetness" or some such thing.

I suppose I can see how a new power cord might be argued to improve speed stability, but for the life of me how can a special power cord improve "resolution and sweetness", when the only function of the motor is to spin a belt, that turns a flywheel that spins another belt that turns the platter?? Does this claim make any sense?
jackcob
DM & Shasta thank you for the reports - very interesting. Just to be clear I am not trying to disbelieve nor to believe this phenomenon - I still maintain an open mind about it. I also realize that your results may not be the same as mine would be (could be better, worse, or no difference at all). I also have the MKIV, but without a SAMA. I do have the upgrade TNT bearing & platter. Was considering buying a SAMA but read reports that it wasn't worth the $400 price of admission, which VPI won't discount. (The probability of finding a cheaper used SAMA is doubtful; once installed no one is gonna remove to sell it separately). Maybe some VPI dealer like Zhusein might give me a decent break though?
Anyway the SAMA may be worthwhile my adding anyway, especially to allow the capability of changing the AC cord. Might be able to retrofit an IEC to my existing motor assy if there's some room, but hey, this is a really good excuse to justify the SAMA upgrade. So why not?
I now have an SDS on the way. I also have a Top Gun Special sitting here unused at the moment so I'll begin there. Will try out some others too, but I don't anticipate any miracles.
DM we're not actually stuck with that chintsy factory line cord if we simply replace/hardwire in a better one. Sounds like another possible good option to try. Even HDM's report of the upgrade AC plug alone demonstrates some promise.
Not sure, but I assume that Bruce's remark re: AudioAero is off topic re: E.Meunier's DIY cords.
Expanding a bit- VPI reported that the PC is built by them in-house, has a lifetime warranty, and even was a bit appologetic about the $300 price, claiming a high labor burden for assembly. Seems to be a *very low-profile VPI product...

My initial knee-jerk, untested skepticism was engendered by the fact that I do wires, motors, instrumentation, and power distribution design on daily basis for 30 yrs now, and the thought of a 5 ft power feed to fractional HP motor driving a huge rotating weight (read:flywheel), could have much effect beyond the 'ol classic wow & flutter, pegged-out my Skept-O-Meter. Maybe, but I get a Subtle If Any change, here.

BB- Please keep everything as-is, and just drop in the SDS. I'd be curious on your experience, since it's on my list.
The difference was obvious from the moment I hooked it up.Their is no difference in the highs that I can tell.The bass extension and dynamics are such that I had to move the speakers a couple of inches out from the rear wall to bring things back in balance and I believe pc cords would make a difference in any part of the chain but as to whether its a pleasing change I couldnt say.Only my hairdresser knows for sure...never mind.
I would not put $300 into a cord made by a Turntable manufacturer. The Virtual dynamics PC's seem to be the current leaders of the pack in PC value. Right now all are half price if you will right a review for them. That's the one I will try. But it will not be soon, Thanks for a great thread, and to all the info gathered.
Roni
Brucegel,

Thanks for the further information. I have one of those kits, too, but have yet to put it together. I'm quite anxious to hear it myself.