Digitally remastered vinyl?

I've noticed a quite a few jazz titles on vinyl which claim to be "digitally remastered", as if that is something good. These titles usually came out in the early eighties. As a vinyl nut, would I really want an LP where the music went through an A to D and then D to A conversion using eighties technology? Were the pro's using 24/96 or better back then? How do these remasters sound?
gboren
Hah, faaar better than 24/96 since the digital mastering equipment has different format compared to CD and resolution used to master digital vinyls back in the beginning of 80's were and is much higher than in today's conventional CD-players or DACs or even SACD-players. Even DATs have a higher resolution and the recording on DAT sounds far more superior than even on SACD.

Imagine yourself the sampling ratings that realy divides the amplitude and the freequency on much more samples than conventional DAC or CD-player.
Now imagine that there is no DAC and only regular mechanical pickup is used for jitter- and digital noise-free reproduction.
Now finally imagine that digital mastering mostly is only used to place an analogue recorded instruments and voices together due to simplicity and preciceness of a digital mixer to deliver the signal to the recording domain that can be an analogue or digital tape.

Dspite your eyes and stereotype minds can still read "DIGITAL", you realy get real analogue sound

Now to the general global points I would say and the other folks I believe would agree that not every 100% analogue recorded vinyl sounds perfect and so is the digital one as well. I can assure that every vinyl after 80's has something digital present either digital mixing or digital primary source even if there is nothing written about it on the jacket cover and it doesn't realy mean to me that I have to void these records. I treat them as regular records that most-likely I will enjoy to listen.

When the first CD-players were introduced there was a concearn about optimal size for home equipment and heat dissipation of the digital proccessor which was not a concern in the studio. Nowdays the standard is still in effect even if there is no more space and heat dissipation issue on the digital devices anymore and we realy wish that we could bring that standard to the digital studio level for our home devices.
There are people who claim that certain early 80's digital recorders (Soundstream & 3M) were superior to any current 16/44.1 technology. Unfortunately these systems never attained wide use. Ry Cooder's "Bop 'Til You Drop" and Donald Fagen's "Nightfly" are excellent sounding pop recordings made with these machines.

The problem with the majority of early 80's digital recordings is that few people understood the importance of jitter and dither. When attention is not paid to these issues a recording can become brittle and generally unpleasant sounding.
Fagen's "Nightfly" IS a good example, Onhwy61. I have a Japanese pressing of this LP it is one of the better sounding LP's I've heard of any kind. Sadly, these examples are MOST rare/
I own 70% of ECM released vinyl albums(arround 100) almost all digitally recorded or mixed and all with no exception sound superb. More than half on my collection are pressed in Germany.
If the/a problem with CDs is that the original digital recording methods did not capture all the information that is captured by analog equipment, how can an LP of digitally remasteredtaape possibly be as good as analog? The LP may add various colorations and distortions, but it can't add information that was lost at the time a digital recorder was introduced into the chain.