How much LF info on LPs?

Hi.

I would like to ask how much audible Low-frequency information do you get from your speakers when spinning vinyl? I know that vinyl definitely doesn't go as low as CDs. That being the case, then wouldn't speakers with good bass extension be irrelevant and a waste of money in a vinyl-only system? I've noticed that big bass=big money, in general. What are your experiences?

I didn't find this anywhere in the archives. If it is there, please direct me.

Thanks!
nismo
According to the article by Kevin Gray at RTI mastering, the LP record is capable of frequency response of 7Hz - 25kHz, with a dynamic range exceeding 75db.

How much more do you want?

If it is not coming out of your speakers, it is the speaker's problem. Or maybe you have a low frequency rumble filter that is cutting into your bass response area.

In any case, if you want to hear deep bass, your records are not holding you back, and will give any speaker all it can reproduce.
As usual,Tom is correct.
There are so many misconceptions about analog it isnt funny.
Try analog,see for yourself!
I'm not sure where audiophiles got the impression that LP's don't contain low frequencies, but Twl's comment is on the money. I have some LP recordings of pipe organs which have frequencies that reach as low as my pair of Vandy 2Wq's can reproduce, which certainly means down to the 20-Hz range. I have also read liner notes on several of the Telarc LP's that I own that state there are frequencies down to 16 Hz.

Having said all this, that does not necessarily mean that a given person's analog system will be able to accurately reproduce frequencies down to the 20-Hz range. The turntable itself must be rock solid and well isolated from acoustic vibration; and the tonearm/cartridge combination must be able to accurately track the wide, low-frequency undulations of the LP's grooves. Extreme low frequencies require very wide groove on the LP, and this is a severe test of tracking ability.