Best Used Turntable for around 1K

The upgrade bug has hit again. What would be the best TT/Arm combo available that you can find for around 1K? I presently have a Rega P3 that I feel doesn't bring the most out of the Benz Glider or the Clearaudio Arum Beta S cartridges that I have.
leonard356
I was going to suggest a Rega 25 TT, but maybe you're jaded on Rega. But do you have good vibration control? The lack will wipe out big quality differences between turntables. I recently changed from a $550 retail air bladder-plus-roller bearing platform to a Neuance Shelf, and got a major improvement. I consider Neuance Shelves to be one of audio's biggest bargains, currently at $175 for the latest model.
Look for a VPI HW-19 Mk3 or Mk 4, which sell used at about this price. You may also be fortunate enough to spot a VPI Scout (with JMW-9 arm) for about this price (they are still new on the market and retail to $1500). The Scout/JMW-9 combo just got an absolute rave review in one of the high-end audio mags, and the HW-19 Mk 4 was listed in TAS's "Recommended Components" as one of the best values in high-end turntables.
If you modify the Rega P-3, you will get better results: rewire the arm w/cardas wire, clips, cardas box w/rhodium jacks, use a golden cross interconnect to your phono pre. Then replace feet with walker audio valid points, then change mat to audioquest sorbethane. I did all these, each made an improvement in resolution. I also have my rack shelf replaced with a custom made 1/2" thick solid steel shelf, heavy as hell but super dead and super rock solid. I now have a P-9, better table, but I think the P-3 is pretty darn good in the 1K range and hard to beat.