JOB, BelCanto, Perpetual, MilleniumDACs?

Greetings. My evolving ref system (ParsifalEncores/AlephP+2s/RedDawn) needs a new digital front end. I've read about the DACs listed above, and hope to hear commentary that might save me enormous time comparing them. This system is WAY too revealing of my old Rotel CDP's inadequacies (HF roughness, especially), but a quick fix with an ARCAM 9 proved unsuccessful: it's too rhythmically handicapped! Is the 'Canto the easy solution to achieve high resolution AND rhythmic prowess? Thanks. Ernie (Whatjd: lost the thread with your comments--please repeat, if you would be so kind.)
subaruguru
Thanks Megasam, Ric is a real nice and inteligent guy. No sales pressure what so ever.
I recently tried out the P.T. P-3A and while the resolution, bass, noise floor and dynamics were excellent, tonally the unit never came around. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough but I didn’t want to wait any longer than the 2 weeks I gave the unit. I decided to purchase the Bel Canto which is what I really was looking for prior to being talked into the P-3A. I have not listened to the MSB or the EVS Millineum DAC so can’t comment on either of those. The Bel Canto is everything others have said. Very sweet and extended highs, more like analog than digital. Superb resolution and good bass. It works very well in my system and has taken away much of the forwardness. Timbre and air around the instruments are very well rendered with this unit. In addition the digital edge noted before is gone which is a big deal to me. I can’t imagine that there is anything in this price range that is BETTER though maybe as good. All said above, this is with the stock cord and a JVC 1050 CD as transport. I am sure there is tweeking to do which will improve on the above. I am still deciding what power cord to get for it.
Tubegroover, what digital IC are you using, did you try toslink connection? many people say they hear big difference between coaxial/toslink connection
Hi Sam I am currently using a Cardas Lightning coaxial cable. I do plan on trying the toslink with a DVD transport. Have heard it isn't too good on CD transport. Wes Phillips in his review recommends a toslink at least 2 meters, I have time to sort it all out. Am just marveling at how good this unit is.
Tubegroover, have been waiting for your impression of the P3A and BelCanto! I like you am looking for a cd upgrade (I have a CEC TL5100 transport with a DPA PDM2 dac). So you are impressed with the BelCanto, BUT I have to ask, 1. Have you heard SACD yet and 2. If so, how close does your combo compare with SACD? Its just that Sony have released their cheaper SACD player here (Aust; about US$700) and I dont have the opportunity of demoing any gear firsthand. Any thoughts/experience?