SACD - Another year and ...

OK... another year has passed and still there are very few SACD titles available. What are your thoughts regarding the possibility that this format will survive? It is great, but will it reach out of the audiophile community?
jtinn
I've heard what, IMO, is the creme-de-la-creme of SACD players--the Accuphase 100-101 ttransport-DAC system, which plays SACD, Red Book and DVD-A. It's stunning and extremely pricey. I've also heard, at length, the Accuphase DP-75v 24/192 oversampling one-box player. It, too, is stunning-- not quite up to SACD, but miles better than any other player I've auditioned, including the best Wadia and Levinson offered, and a number of others as well, not including the Linn or the elgar/Delia system. I'll either 1) wait out an SACD/CD Accuphase player and the addition of more SACD software (true SACD, not 16-, 20- 0r 24-bit remastered once again for the format), or if the release of SACDs is less than I expect after, say, 2 years+, I'll buy the Accuphase 75v, if I can come up with the bucks. Like many here, I have misgivings about the future of either SACD, or DVD-A, in which I have no interest. BTW, if you take a look at the companies that originally went DVD-A--Chesky, etc.--you'll see a number of them are releasing, or scheduling for release--SACDs. What does this say any future for DVD audio, regardless of the hardware that may be available? In any event, good listening to all!
I totaly agree with Whatjd's hardball comments!. He has pointed why most digital gear sounds like crap. I am part of a small audiophile group who has discovered how to modify their digital gear. We replace those junky ic's, those inadequate power supplies and strip out those worthless sounding digital filters (replacing them with a simple, yet unbelievably effective analog filters), and clean up the digital noise floating around inside those DAC's or CD players. What do these modifications yield?...THE BEST SOUNDING DIGITAL FRONT ENDS THAT YOU CANNOT BUY! This is the absolute truth. My buddies and I constanly embarrass high end dealers with our "modified" basic MSB DAC's, that cost us less than $1000.00! Yes, you read that right...the best sounding digital can be had for less than $1000.00. (P.S.- We are not mid- fi guys either...most of us have $30k + in our systems, and most of us have been in this hobby for over 20 years)
Ehider I'd lke to know more about your group & the mod's you're doing. thanks, Tweaker.
It's not my group doing the mods, I am just an audiophile that has been fortunate enough to find an unbeleivably talented circuit designer who implements these mods. Over the years, he has saved me and my other buddies many thousands of dollars, and given me the musical satisfaction, that the high end companies promise, but rarely deliver. If you post your E-mail on the next thread, I will personally E-mail you with the details you are requesting.
Rcprince, I agree, anything Sony makes is built to a price point. You did the right thing, replacing those op amps for the analog output stage, anything would be better than those.