Acoustic Zen Silver Ref vs. Kimber Select 1030

Has anyone compared Acoustic Zen Silver Ref with Kimber Select 1030? I am interested in hearing about other's experiences. Thanks!
jwmin
Eagle, how do you tell the new version AZ silver reference from the older version?
Dmailer and Gpalmer,
There is no way that I know to tell the difference between the new Silver Ref. and old version from looking at the cable exterior. That is what I asked before sending mine in and they determined by age if they were upgraded or not. The newest pair was purchased since CES and it wasn't even the latest version.

The clear shrink tubing over the silver/gray was a previous change from the original version which they still use on the latest production, as far as I know.

I think the cable is more balanced with enhanced midrange and bass performance since the upgrade. It did not take nearly as long for them to settle in after the upgrade, but you should give new ones 100-200 hours. They may continue to improve with even more time. If you call and talk to Robert, ask about his results when comparing the newest Silver Ref. to Valhalla.
Thanks, Eagle, can't tell you how much I appreciate the information, those changes sound like just the ticket, mine are going back for an upgrade!

Greg
Thank you all (Eagle, Gpalmer, and Dmailer) for your informative responses. After I posted my question, I got a hold of a pair of AZ Silver Ref. from a seller on AA. The seller claims that the one that I purchased is the lastest version. I will double check with the seller about the information. I will try the cable and let it break-in for a while to see if it will bring a kind of improvement that I like to hear. I will report back for sure esp. comparison between Matrix and Silver ref. Thank you again!