How many do"green edge"an silicon up CDs

Just curious how many audiophiles consider the treatment of CDs with the green edges on discs and/or the polishing of the surface with a silicon product to be worthwhile?
Or how many use a mat fitted over the disc while playing?
I have a thou or so discs with the green and AQ juice on 'em and am happy... (most purchased more than 10 years ago)
As I said just curious about others take on these "ol time mods.
elizabeth
Unless you have a player/transport with a full-sized disc clamper or add-on like Simplyphysics, everyone should use a disc over the CD to be played.
The disc guarantees better coupling and blocks out the stray laser light.
bob charlanza
reading, pa
The green edge fools are fools. Just look at the current issue of The Audio Critic. They debunk the cable and green edge and golded ear(if u cant hear the improvement them something is wrong with u, B.S.) along with a lot of others. So, now u have a choice. U can either be a person of reason(why the hell should a little green ink on the edge of a CD improve the sound?) or a green edge fool like the posts above and below.
Jazzcatlewis. You need to use your own ears to decide if and how to treat your CDs, not someone else's.

I have been using Finyl and find hugh differences on some cd's and marginal on others. If a disk sounds bright at all the it gets a coat. When it "works " well I hear the difference most in the sound stage ans smoothness.cheers steve
Delux, the black marker I use is from the Auric Ill. kit but any indulable ink black marker will work. I agree with megasam, mark only the cds you plan to keep. I have seen the damage alcohol can do to the top surface.

I also sand the outside edges with 300 grit sand paper (3 revolutions) before black marking. This helps to further reduce reflections (Ric from EVS recommended this). The Marigo Mat is used on top of the cd - makes a big differenc as Bob Charlanza says.
Other than cleaning LPs, I haven't tweaked software. But I did use some screen polish for my handheld PDA on a duplicate copy of Joni Mitchell's Blue this morning. First, I could see my reflection in the CD better, like a thin veil had been lifted from my face. Second, it did help the resolution of the music. I could hear the steel of Joni's guitar strings better, and there was more interior delicacy, more air to her voice. The latter is a significant Good Thing, in my book. I really don't want to sit around polishing CDs... but I guess it wouldn't be so bad. Hey, MikeG, I sure hope you also have a tweaky turntable and a collection of old vinyl to take advantage of that industriousness of yours. Cheers.