Miles Davis

I first got this release as a CD set years ago and absolutely loved it as a comprehensive collection of Davis's work. As a die-hard analog guy nowadays, I sought this release and got two copies only to find out, with disappointment, that most of it was remixed digitally. However, I still enjoy it even though I have many of the original records from the compilation.

I was wondering what Miles' audiophile fans thought of this set sound-wise. Do you consider it a must-have or ignore it in favor of the original releases?
actusreus
There is a European release of a large number of most of Columbia Miles Davis dirt cheap at Amazon. It is a great deal $$ if you do not already own them.
I have never bothered to worry about 'which release is the best'.(though I do like to own the original release if I run into it used, cheap..)
IMO it is a waste of money.
I have thousands of Jazz titles on each Lp and CD, and would way rather spend what money I have on new to me music, rather than chasing some 'pie in the sky' "best" releaseof some stuff I already own.
But to each their own..
For some reason the rest of the thread title got cut off. The set is Miles Davis - The Columbia Years 1955-1985. It's a 5-record compilation organized by themes rather than chronology - blues, standards, originals, moods, and electric.