SACD Dominates Recommended List

Stereophile just placed 4 CD players in it's top-rated A-Plus Recommendation List. Three were SACD players: the Marantz SA-1, Sony SCD-1, and Sony 777ES. The fourth was a $15,000 Meridian.
tommart
The Absolute Sound says they will place more emphasis on reviewing SACD hardware and software.

I think many people assumed that as soon as DVD-A arrived, SACD would quickly die. This assumption is changing. I do not believe it's valid at all.
i really hate this rate a post thing, this is the second time now that someone has given me negative numbers just for being pasionate about a product and trying to stick up for it. its getting to the point that i don't want to contribute anynmore.
Sony needs to ramp up this whole software thing and start putting out new titles, maybe even something besides classical or jazz? They are releasing the new Aerosmith which is a good sign. Now if I can just find a local store that knows SACD is not a band.
Vintgeguru, votes mean nothing, don't worry about it. I tried to even you out though.
Sony said that the DVD & SACD formats were not rated by comparing them to the CD players. They are only rated in comparison to each other. A+ is a great rating for the SCD-1 and the 777es but they are not comparing them to the Meridian or other CD players. Regards.
-Neil
If you want to hear what the SACD is capable of, get yourself a copy of the Red Rose Music SACD sampler. It is recorded directly onto DSD. It blows away any other SACD's I've heard from anything else.