The truth about interconnects - can you handle it?

Warning: Following this link may be hazardous to your perception of reality.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/audiocablesreligion-or-science.html
redbeard
If you THINK that some wires sound better than others, then they do...for you. Maybe not for me, or anyone else, but why should you care?
I'll mention another thing. When we were doing this testing, it wasn't just with cables. Components and other things were switched as well, and the task for the blindfolded individual was to not only determine if something had changed, but to name the brand and model of the equipment that had been put into the system. And sometimes more than one thing was changed at the same time. Other times nothing was changed in an attempt to fool the blindfolded person. Both myself and my fellow salesmen at the audio store could name the brands and models that were substituted into the reference system with repeatable accuracy. Ok, so it can be done. My point is that all this hubbub about blind testing is just so much garbage. Nobody needs a blind test. You can do it standing on your head. If you can hear the difference, then you can hear the difference. It's that simple. If the difference is worth the money to you, then buy it. If not, then don't. But to claim that it is all "psychological" is just plain crap.
I went double blind once. I was using two hands. I was told that if I only used one hand then I would only go blind once. I have been blindly and happily following that advice ever since.
Very easy to tell which cable sounds best when you change interconnects on a good passive pre. Also on ES and ribbon type speakers. Phono cables also. I have some stax headphones that I think could show cable change for the good or bad very easy also although I have not done this. The truth about interconnects is: The wrong ones will degrade sound, as always let your ears be the judge.
Redbeard, when all is said and done, some folks will still want the expensive cables and all the bogus explanations that come with them. There is little point in attempting to convince the subjective audiophile. The arguments will go round and round in circles for ages, all to no avail. Something that sounds cogent to you, is met with disbelief, often verging on hostility. In the end the same argument will be used as a closer: the fact that if you can't hear a difference you are not worthy of commenting on high-end audio, which is the realm of the Golden Eared. TWL will invariably come out in the end with a "say it ain't so Joe" line, fearing, I think, that maybe his ears could be playing tricks on him.