Cable vs. Electronics: biggest bang for the buck

I recently chronicled in a review here, my experience with a very expensive interconnect. The cables cost nearly $7000 and are well beyond my reach. The issue is, the Pursit Dominus sound fantastic. Nothing in my stereo has ever sounded so good. I have been wondering during and since the review how much I would have to spend to get the same level of improvement. I'm sure I could double the value of my amp or switch to monoblocks of my own amps and not obtain this level of improvement.
So, in your opinion what is the better value, assuming the relative value of your componants being about equal? Is it cheaper to buy, great cables or great electronics? Then, which would provide the biggest improvement?
128x128nrchy
Detlof, here is the other half your mantra.

Water is waves, wave is water. :-)

Cheers!!!
Asa,
"The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflections,"

You mean to tell me: when you have to dump, you just dump. LOL

Have a nice weekend everyone.
I *know* what I'm talking about--the person that got me into high end and darkroom photography is a friend of my father. He taught me that the most important thing to look for in audio was "resolution". WRONG. Having worked at record stores, everytime I went to his house he would show me his latest wire and/or gadget (like the VPI brick--ha!)--he in turn would *always* drool with my new LPs. He was listening to equipment...

It was so much fun when I brought my Yamaha NS-10M studio one night...he had a multi-thousand dollar transport and DAC, a Klyne SK-5A pre and a Krell sliding bias beast hooked w/ $100 @ foot speaker wire to some B& W 801's. My $315 Yamahas were *uncomfortably* close to the $6,000 801's!!! I wonder if he learned the lesson...

What *if* he hears my Modwright Swans? They would really kick the s**t out of them 801's!!!
Asa, yes, I KNOW I'm right. Nothing more simple, every child knows that, but later they forget. Healed myself and the system by listening to Patti Smith for the very first time in my life and on vinyl no less. Oh megosh, that power, frailty, resilience, tenderness, scorn and lust all packed into one voice. I fell in love with her and my system again, wires included, integral part, yes, Sub and Clue, integral. And "they" say, stators cannot play loud, cut back dynamics. BS, isn't it Albert. You either need big ones like Albert, or lots of them ,stacked, like me, to have the best of both worlds. No horn colourations, no sluggish cones...just music. Speaking of water, 6chac, me and my system, it can pee as far as the best of them... or almost, at least tonight, not that I cared about that, while Patti was in the room. Only turned silly later. Tomorrow is another story. Carpe diem..... WOW, what a woman.......life is great.
Cheers, (-;