Cable vs. Electronics: biggest bang for the buck

I recently chronicled in a review here, my experience with a very expensive interconnect. The cables cost nearly $7000 and are well beyond my reach. The issue is, the Pursit Dominus sound fantastic. Nothing in my stereo has ever sounded so good. I have been wondering during and since the review how much I would have to spend to get the same level of improvement. I'm sure I could double the value of my amp or switch to monoblocks of my own amps and not obtain this level of improvement.
So, in your opinion what is the better value, assuming the relative value of your componants being about equal? Is it cheaper to buy, great cables or great electronics? Then, which would provide the biggest improvement?
128x128nrchy
Asa & Muralman: I should give you guys boxing gloves, videotape the fight and then sell the copies here on Dutch auctions! I bet we would sell two hundred copies in a week...
Hey, hand 'em over!! No really, isn't it somewhat entertaining while we wait to see if this thread will resusitate? I don't think Muralman's ego-skin is pierced too much by me, that's someone/something else's job, not mine. Its just when someone goes back months to mine through threads to find a place where you said you were hungover, so sorry (after the other person had apologized first for their fall off the deep end, which, in all, wasn't really bad), you only had three drinks but because you had lung cancer at 28, yourea lung-less wonder and your body doesn't metabolize alcohol too well and it made you sick the next day, so someone takes that and tries to say, or insinuate, that you are a drunk, or were drunk when you posted. And, of course, all after the above.

Now, who owes who an apology? Did Muralman really loose his last post in the mail - the dog ate it, as it were - or did he just need the time to dig through a ton of my old posts looking for a place where he could call me a drunk, and by the time he got back the thread had moved on?

Hmmm. That irritates me, yes.

Oh, by the way, I want international rights on that videotape.
O heck, ASA and I thought I would bootleg the tape and show it to my students in CGJ studies. )-:
I know what Carl J. would say about "Muralman and me" (soon to be a major motion picture directed by Michael Moore): heys youz, lighten up on the mining of the bad guy archetype! Hey, detlof, a question: is the devil archetype embedded in the "sub-conscious" before the angel one, or after? In other words, does the devil only exist as a recoil from the loss of angelic bliss, or anticipation of loss, or were they imprinted at that evolutionary epoch, deep within the brain, deep within the consciousness, at the same time? And, what is the relationship between brain physiology - say, the triune brain theory - and the matter originations of archetypal awareness/effects of its prism? Have the matter-attached behaviorists tried to highjack Jung with a matter-focused brain matter theory? You see, I am thinking of jung.

Oh my GOD!!! Clueless, stop me!!
Asa, shouldn't they should coexist, the one taking precedence over the other through the fear of loss (Kant?) -- or the expectation of bliss (Feuerbach?)?
(Have I masked my ignorance of Jung well enough? I wish I were as assiduous as Detlof when the time was ripe...)

On topic: Psychic, you're not going to invest in an extruder now, are you? FORGET capital intensive projects nowadays... Just come up with the cable & price it @ $+10k. It'll be A'gon approved (that's our contribution) and there MUST be at least ONE taker -- surely. Word of mouth & you'll soon have a small but devoted following, ready to swear in your favour. THEN, we'll work out the Mk II model together; previous owners get a special "upgrade" number & price; new buyers are only admitted to the "wire purchasing club" (i.e. to spend their $11.767 - price has gone up) after being recommended by TWO other MkI owners. We'll issue a personalised card that allows access to the most esoteric information on music. Three tips per annum is max.
The objective is to build a small, select, ultra-elitist global community.
Of course, ALL our products are and will continue to be built by hand (who needs to spend a mill. on extruders & the like). We'll enlist the names of various members here on the management/product development team for marketing credibility reasons: a shrink (psycho-acoustics, VERY important): +5% on the asking price), an EE (obvious), philosophers (more than obvious; +5% on the price). Maybe, even a lazy middle-European (me, please).
Who can beat this cable?

On a more serious note, I wonder what would happen if Dominus were priced @ mass-market level: would the manufacturer be better off? I doubt it: imagine the investment required to cover the demand. I doubt they'd ever break-even, poor devils!