What Lacquers have been used on cables with succes

There was discussion about Lacquers used on IC's and Speaker Cables.

I was wondering if anyone knew of commercial wires that are being made using this method with what type of lacquer and what others might have experimented with in order to find a substitute for teflon?

I want to get close as possible to havig an Air Dielectric as possible.

TIA
abex
I have not tried Laquer or any other substance as yet. I shall use a plastic tubing to protect and seal the ends.

I have some Insulated Copper on the way and have been experimenting with SIlver which I am impreseed with thus far.

I am also trying different RCAs like Cardas,Daytons,Eichmanns and Homegrown. The Cardas SLVRs did not work out good. Stilll do not know why.

If you are using Bare wire sis you clean it and wirh what?

TIA
I used magnet wire that is already coated with something, and I only bare the ends for terminations. The oversize tubing is only for protection.

When I clean it, I use 0000 fine steel wool on the wire ends.
I do not think I want to use anything as abrasive as steel wool. I am just looking to take what ever tarnish and dirt accumulation away. Isopropyl Alcohol and maybe a special liquid cleaning solution for the particular type of metal should be appropriate.

What those solutions might be is what I am wondering.

Steel Wool or duraglit might take whatever uniformity or plating or coating off or damage it.I do not wish to scratch the metal either.

But thanks for the thought.It might work well.

Craig makes a solution that might work. I might try that.Looking into all options at the moment to see what is out there.

Another thing is Cryo. I do not think it cleans,but it might loosen the surface impurities.

Thanks!
Larry, you might also want to try lacquer thinner during the final stage of your wire prep. It's blend of solvents will dissolve most organic contaminants(polymers, oil, fingerprints, etc.) in addition to providing a wet agent to remove any dust should you need to(if you went with steel wool or another abrasive).