Budget Cartridge Questions

Funny thing -- a few months back I got back into vinyl, buying a Thorens TD-320, and purchasing a new Ortofon Super OM20. I've been enjoying the experience a lot, but.... I recently got curious and switched from the OM20 back to the Shure Premier that came with the table. I found that that old cartridge produces better details in the mids and highs and seems to produce a bit less sibilance. The OM20, by contrast sounds more veiled. So I checked with Shure and they tell me that the Premier was a low-grade model years ago, the equivalent today of their entry level M92E ($40). Now I'm thinking that maybe I should try a different cartridge new? MY budget is about $100. I've read good (and some bad) about each of these: Shure M97xE and Audio Technica AT440ML. They're both available new online for about $90. Has anyone compared these with the OM20 and/or with each other? What would you recommend? Obviously, I'm a low-budget guy so I'm not expecting the world, but clarity and detail across the spectrum, with some warmth, would be nice. Thanks for any help....
winegasman
Shure never made a bad cartridge. The M97 is an excellent choice, but I also suggest that the V15MR is about as good as it gets short of Kilobuck MC units and their similarly priced preamps.
Thanks for the feedback. No opinions yet on the AT440ML -- how does it stack up against the OM20 or the M97? I sure wish I had the money for the V15MR, I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place! But it's 3 times more expensive than either the M97 or the AT440, so I can't really go there. I think one sold here used recently, but it was for $200, still twice as much as I can afford right now.
There was a recent review and discussion of the AT440ML on Vinyl Asylum, the vinyl section of Audio Asylum. Check it out.
Other cartridges in your price range (mostly quoting MSRP); you may get it cheaper:

Goldring Electra - $100
Goldring Elan - $70
Stanton 680HiFi - $99
Stanton 500E MkII - $49
Sumiko Pearl - $95
Sumiko Black Pearl - $75
Sumiko Oyster - $55
The Denon DL103D is no longer available. I tried for a couple of weeks to source one with no luck and was advised by Denon it is no longer in production. Three of them went very, very quickly at around 200/ea on Audiogon a couple of weeks back.

A DL301 or DL103R, both good cartridges (the 301 is more compliant and the cartridge weighs less; both require step up) is available on the net. I bought one of each from Audio Cubes for just over 200/ea.