MC or MM?

What is the difference between moving coil and moving magnet? The preamp I am buying can accept both.

From audioadvisor, the Grado Statement is MM, which Grade Reference is MC. It almost look like the MM is better than the MC. However, I think Audiogoners can offer better advice then retailers can.
technomarine
So THAT's why my Grado - in a low-mass tonearm or fuggedaboudid - sounds so detailed and dynamic I haven't touched my expensive MCs in months! No more artificial highlighting of the high frequencies and mucking up the timing! No moe mid-bass suckout! Ah, beautiful music instead of those constant plucked strings...where did that instrumental resonance and decay go?
I was wondering why Grado MC was becoming such an issue since Grado doesn't make an MC.

Then I went back and read my thread. After calling myself a flaming mistyping idiot, I read the original thread.

Then I decided to say nothing.

I'm sorry for attempting to deceive the public for my own personal gain.

I hold my head in shame. But, I still feel that the Clearaudio would be a great combination with the Grado.

Even if it can't be a Grado MC.
Busics2 they aren't even next to each other on the keyboard, come on Man! ;)-~ My vote for the Grado Reference/or Statement series. I bought a used Platinum here on the 'Gon and am completely satisfied for now, maybe not later! Need further listening experience, maybe a road trip to Chicago(Music Direct) to hear some good MC's.
Colitas, keyboard proximity is totally irrelevant when your not thinking about what you're typing. The scary part? I own three different Grados. As a matter of fact, I think you had inquired about a Platinum I had just sold on Agon. But it was already sold.

Jsd, to make things even more confusing, all wooden models are also available in mono versions upon request with stylii options and output options.

Stop! Please make it STOP! The confusion is killing me! But go-go Grado! If the great Harvey Rosenberg (long will his passing be mourned) devoted a section of his revered writings to the Woodies, you know they're great!