ikeda mc-transformer

Hello everybody,
Anybody out there who does have some experience with the Ikeda st-100 type 20 mc-transformer. What about it i am planning to use it with an Ortofon spu-gold cartridge. Thanks a lot in advance, Eduard
eduard
Raul,
There are plenty of high gain tube phono stages, from near entry level right up to the world-beating Aesthetix Io. Obviously it's true that mine and Eduard's don't happen to be among them. Thus this thread.

BTW, since you've become pretty active recently, why not list your system? I'm sure it's fairly impressive and it would give us some perspective on where you're coming from.

Eduard,
Apologies for the continual digressions on your thread. I wish I could say something (anything!) about the Ikeda stepup. My only experience is with my BentAudio Mu's, which get my highest recommendation BTW. Superb design and BQ, and their ability to change cartride loading quickly and easily is a huge benefit. FWIW.
Dear Eduard: As I told you I test severals step up transformers in the past. One of them was: Fidelity Research XF-2L ( an expensive unit ), this one was a first rate product between the differents step up transformers that I own in the time. Now, Mr. Ikeda was the designer on both step up transformer, what can I say: Ikeda transformer is a first rate unit.
Sorry I can't help you. The mark Ikeda is unknowed in America. Maybe if you try in a forum or e-bay in: Japan, Hongkong or other country in Asia, you can have the information,because in those countries the Ikeda is very well know.
Best wishes.
Raul.
Dear Doug: To list my system is not an ease task, because it need and explication at each chain stage. So I need some time to do this. I will do as soon is posible.
Regards.
Raul.