Is a cable cooker worth it?

I have heard many good things that a cable cooker can do to improve a system, but I am wondering at what point the expense of a cooker is worth it? Alltogether, how long must I burn in my cables, via system play, before they are good and hot as opposed to the expense of buying an Audio Dharma cooker and having near instant results? I don't know where I fall in terms of mid to high end audiophile, but I calculate that by the time I get all the components that I want for my system, minus cables and extras, I am approaching $8500 bucks(only components). So, is a cable cooker worth it for someone like me?
matchstikman
The M.O.B.I interconnect break-in device worked well for me, even though the ICs (solid silver/air dielectric) had been used in my system for at least a year; I had also used the "break-in" track on XLO Test CD for an extended period prior to M.O.B.I. The M.O.B.I. is relatively inexpensive.
Cable cookers are very wothwhile. I have one but I'm a dealer. I let customers cook there cables for free. Cables will never burn-in as much as a cooker will do. Here's a good guide to how to use. New cable: cook 48 hrs. on the cooker then let them sit dormit at least six hours, then put them in the system and let music play for about one to two hours and they will snap into place right before your hears. Now the first few minutes back in the system will make you wonder, what have I done?, they will sound bad, but just give them that one to two hours of signal in your system and you'll be amazed.Don't believe the critics. I was once one and now I use one on a regular basis. I even recook my cables once a year. I don't think it makes nearly as much difference once the first cook, but I do like to keep them conditioned. Oh, if they are old cables just cook them for 24 hrs. I don't understand the tech. behind this cooker, but who cares when it works. I've even put preamps in the signal path of ICs and cooked them as well. Had to turn the volume all the way up to complete the circuit, but it worked great.
Geoffkait and Philefreak basically echo what i said many moons ago. That is, even if you've had your cables in a system for a LONG period of time, burning cables in will still improve their performance to a very noticeable extent.

Having said that, people should take note that not all cable burners are created equally. I haven't tried them all but i have tried a couple. One was not worth the plastic that it was made out of while the other works fabulously.

Besides the various amounts of times that one can "cook" a cable for, there are various methods involved also. As such, two people can have identical hammers, but that doesn't make either of them a carpenter or mean that their use of that tool will give you the same results. Sean
>
Get a Panasonic rice cooker! I have had one for years, does a great job. Great rice, accompanying, let's say, shrimp with black bean sauce is way better than the delusional rewards of nonsensical tweaks. I will share my shrimp recipe if you want. I am certain that in any shootout between the rice/shrimp dish and eating a piece of cooked wire, the former will win. I predict the same results if the comparison is between eating the former and "listening" to the latter. Buy records and food. Good night.
I charge a favorite CD for burning in signal wires and can burn them in for 5 days or 30 days at your option....I've always got something burning in here so I just add them to the chain of speaker wire or interconnects....Not worth it to buy a burner unless done so for communal use such as an audio club or whatever...I use the MOBIE for interconnects and a big stereo amp for speaker wire into an 8r load.....