I am a huge James Taylor fan. My favorite albums, in no particular order:
"Live" (the 2 CD set)
"That's Why I'm Here"
"Other Covers"
"One Man Band"
"Never Die Young"
"October Road"
"JT"
I have these on a mix of original vinyl releases and standard CD. I see that Music Direct has a number of these as Mobile Fidelity and other reissues on CD, SACD and vinyl. I was wondering of any of them are worth picking up on their sonic merits, i.e., because they sound appreciably better then the standard issue versions. I can't do SACD because I don't have a player but I'm sure others would like to know of those sound especially good (or not).
Thanks!
rebbi
Lindisfarne is correct, and Rebbi is in for two very special treats. Those albums are damn near perfect.
Lindisfarne,
I will buy them! But I wouldn't characterize JT's later output as "mediocre" by any stretch. JT is a wonderful record. Secret O' Life and There We Are are amazing songs. And the arrangement of Oh What A Beautiful Morning from "Other Covers" is just glorious.
Audiotomb,
That's Why I'm Here is a great record, for sure. In fact, it was the album I took with me to dealers when I was auditioning equipment my first, modest high-end system in 1985. But Never Die Young and October Road have their great moments, too. "Mean Old Man," "Sun On The Moon" and "Letter In The Mail" are all great tunes.
by step down I meant not quite as good but if you like That's Why I'm Here you will like these