Wadia, Audio Aero, Meridian, BAT and BOW

Hi,

i have a Wadia 860 and was considering upgrading to the Wadia 861.

But i could also sell the 860 and buy either the Meridian 588, BAT Vk-D5 SE, the Audio Aero Capitole CDP or the BOW Wizard.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the above players, and say which ones they would prefer and why.

Cheers
Xav
badwisdom
Loved the Wadia 860, but don't think it is the best digital front end by any means.
The Bow Wizard is not in the same league as the Wadia or the Audio Aero Capitole. There is a bigger brother, the ZZ-8, which definitely beats the Wizard pants down. The ZZ-8 is more organic than the 860. Almost like analogue... If you don't like that kind of sound, the criticism could be that it can be a bit rolled off at the frequency extremes. However, the rolloff is very marginal - ZZ-8 delivers bass in spades,it is the high that was I am not totally convinced.
The Audio Aero Capitole is superb, IMHO, the best one box digital front end I have heard so far. I am only slightly concerned about the lack of a proven track record (as far as reliability is concerned) compared with the other better known names.
The BAT and Meridian, I have not listened to in detail.
Hope that helps.
I have the Capitole 24/192- simply wonderful! (also allows you to bypass a preamp w its built in volume control). You won't be disappointed.
I too have a Capitole 24/192. Makes the 860 sound very lacking in palpability, seeming to just give you the details and not the organic reality. The Capitole is wonderful, but I must admit my Res Audio CD55 comes awfully close for much less money.