Homemade Record Cleaning Fluids??

I REFER TO THE RECENT INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE THREAD ON DISTILLED WATER; AND, I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS DEVELOPED A HOMEMADE RECORD CLEANING SOLUTION THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SHARE. THANKS MUCH.
wepratt
Nope, never nohow. I use reverse ozmosis water, same as my fish get. But no alcohol. After the initial water bath I go with Record Doctor because my recordings are too dear for me to fool with them. The cost per wash is fine because he sells a consentrate.
pure water is the way to go. You must have a cleaning agent. A sniff of most commercial cleaners reveal an alcohol base. Alcohol also drys quickly. I have enver had any problems. What is Record Doctor? What is the cleaning agent?
Gregadd I do not know the cleaning agent that Disc Doctor uses. I had a memory lapse when I typed 'Record'. But it is not alcohol. I know because it is also used for pre-LPs like Edison disc and shellac, which disolve in alcohol. This is the best stuff I have ever tested unless you have mildew problems and need a protien enzyme like Bugtussel makes. The curator of vinyl uses disc doctor.
disc doctor. isn't that a commercial product? I thought we were talking about homemade?