Living with popping and crackling

Is there a certain amount of popping and crackling to be expected with almost any lp? I have not owned a TT since the mis 80's, but I have been listening to the brother's. I like the sound, and have an old collection of LP's, but it just seems to me that "some" popping and crackling are just the nature of the beast. Am I wrong. I would like to know this before I proceed. By the way, my brother has one of the Rega tables--lower end I think.
papertrail
Your question is "Is there a certain amount of popping and crackling to be expected with almost any lp??". The answer is no, not with any lp but some yes. But with reasonable care and cleaning of records that are in good condition with a good turntable cartridge and arm it should be pretty minimal. I get very very few ticks and pops and I buy a lot of new and used records (some that are 40 years old!). I would not let it deter your decision and youu don't have to go bankrupt either. And vinyl sounds so wonderful.
It would seem that JBaussie summarized most of the cogent points posted above very well.
Nice try, Eldartford, but I stopped wearing see-through thunderwear long ago..