Has anyone had experience with the Schroeder Arm

In a high res setup has anyone been able to compare this arm to the top pivoting competition.I think that the fact that the pivot is magnetic as opposedto a bearing like a unipivot(needing damping) should on paper be less resonant and maybe sound better.I currently own,and,am happy with a Graham 2.2,but the idea of a true frictionless bearing (all bearings have some degree of friction)really could make a real difference in a good setup.I'm not interested at the moment in straight line trackers with air bearings (although I love some of them)due to the hassle of external pumps and tubing runs.
sirspeedy
Hello Nghiep,
I take the first part of your post as a compliment, but have to say that other types of tonearm bearing designs had not vanished. Just consider the Well Tempered Arm which many find similar to my arms. When it entered the market in 1986(iIrc), it enjoyed a brief period of recognition/success and then was reduced to a niche product in this (already) niche market before coming back lately. Some arms appeal to some, others to others(quite a Jogi Bear comment... ;-). Personally I love the coexistence as much as the competition as long as it serves the quest for better music reproduction.
Regarding the second part: Mmmh, as an owner you should have the manual that goes with the arm(explaining all the features -damping, antiskating..). But even if you´re part of the DIY community and discovered all of the above, I´d say: welcome to the club!

Cheerio,

Frank
For those who may feel they can add a meaningful reply,how do you think the SCHROEDER REF could stack up against a really good air bearing design like the AIR TANGENT or the KUZMA AIRLINE.I was at a friend's house last week who has an AIR TANGENT/Titan combo and the open and airy sound just blew me away.We the left to go over to another friend with,also,outstanding equipment and the sound,although very detailed and open,just could not match the previous set up in the relaxed and bloomy way my friend,Sid's, set upstruck me.I know I'm leaving myself open to the fact that the rooms and equipment were not identical,but I have enough intimate knowledge of and EXPERIENCE with both set ups (friend"B"has,like me, a Graham 2.2)to feel that the lack of bearing friction must play some role(and,yes,I have my fluid level exactly where it should be).I have concluded(just my opinion)that the lack of any bearing friction(straight line trackers with air bearing or an arm like the seemingly unique SCHROEDER)must have a significant impact on a high rez(and,I'm sorry,but,it doesn't even have to be all that full range for those of you who are so insistent on that)set up.
Mr. Schroder, Thanks for your responds and information about tonearms. I found www.diyaudio.com which more interesting to me.
Frank, I am using your Reference Arm on a Garrard 501 with a Decca Jubilee cartridge. In carefully adjusting everything yesterday, I once again found how critical the dampening is at least with this cartridge. If I put too little dampening on the system begins to motorboat. Just more than that, however, is quite open and effortless which is lost if you add further dampening. As you suggested, the Decca and Reference work well together.
Hello, I live in Spain. I would like open other question, because I can read some opinions from Frank. AT least...
I tried to buy Reference arm some months ago... I sent several mails to England and China...Nobody can reply correctly me and finally I did must choose other toneram..
The questions is what is the dealer role in this "internet" world. They won about 30-40% from the bill (In Reference Arm a lot of money) and they dont have any service in my case neither toneaerm set up, nothing...