LP to iPod

Ok, there must be someone out there who has rigged up a system to convert LP's to AAC or MP3 for an iPod. Let's hear about how you did it, and how it sounds!
Thanks,
Art
artmaltman
Actually, it doesn't cost a penny to use Audiograbber and a PC with a sound card built in. It just so happens that my PC is upstairs and would require a 50-plus foot RCA cable to reach it from my downstairs audio rig. My laptop only has a mono microphone input so I purchased the Power Wave ($100) to use as an external USB sound card. It has gold-plated RCA inputs and also is powered to allow you to hook up speakers to play music from your laptop.
You can also do it with apple's grage band program and iTunes. The sound is very good (better than a ripped AIFF file from a CD), if you have an audiophile quality LP player, needle, and preamp. If not, use a CD.

If you want a audiophile DAC for a computer, check out the wavelength audio "Cosecant USB Computer DAC" at www.wavelengthaudio.com

hope this helps
Oh, I thought you were using a $500.00 sound card. For $100.00 that's great. Also the M-Audio Audiophile sound card is good for $100.00. I'll have to check out wavelength. Keep in mind you are going to compress the audio files so a $100.00 sound card should be more than fine. Also, it looks like with an Ipod you do not need to convert to MP3 cuz i-tunes does it for you?? So you could burn a CD from ACL, etc, etc.,
This is great news! I've got an IBM Thinkpad though, so adding on cards is not going to happen. There is a microphone input and of course USB. Do I need to use the "burn a cd" approach, or can I go direct?
Art
Your MIC input is probably mono, so it won't work. You will need an external USB sound card unless you have a stereo mini-jack input somewhere on your PC which I have not seen before.(See my post above) I don't know if you can rip a wav file to AAC from the hard drive with iTunes. I think the AAC sounds better than mp3.