What do you do when nothing seems to get LP clean?

What do you do when nothing else seems to work? I have scrubbed with disc doctor brushes; used VPI fiber brush; tried multiple washings and nothing seems to get out this visible "gunk". Whatever it is, I've noticed it on a number of used LPs that I've tried to rescue. Its not raised, but just seems to have "attached" itself to the vinyl. Is it mold? I know its hard to know what exactly I'm dealing with without being able to see it, but what do you use as a last resort, when nothing else seems to do the trick?
128x128stew3859
Have you tried Paul Frumkin's two-step vinyl cleaning products yet? This is remarkable stuff for cleaning vinyl.

Paul sells it here through AudiogoN under the "Audio Intelligent" brand. Try doing a member search on Paul's name you will find it.
Slipknot is correct. I cleaned a Yes album (Close to the Edge, Atlantic SD19133) I bought for the beta test of the Audio Intelligent solutions. It was an album I already had a copy of, so when I saw it at Goodwill for a quarter, I brought it home. It had some kind of funky mold growing on it, and Paul's stuff took it right off. And it sounds just as good as my mint pressing. If it got the crap on that album off, it should get anything off.

Nothing I've tried so far beats his enzymatic cleaner.
Soak in warm water with detergent, which may very well be a first resort, but of course you will never make anyone rich $ doing that.

For instance, to digress in attempting to make a point: the cable mfgrs especially love how so many trust their rhetoric about metalurgy, length of crystal in grain of the metal, skin affect, and all that hocus pocus that goes on literally for pages.

But in reality, other than using a coat hanger, all they have to offer is well made connectors, and insulation for RF, copper wire, etc. All available at RadioShack for $44 1m RCA

Something to think about, huh?

Try soap and water. The obvious, and basic, approach. Most cleaning supplies are almost entirely water anyway, if you see what I mean. Read the label.