phono pre-amp question

I have a Rotel RC1070 pre-amp, which has a built-in phono-pre-amp. Given that, can I use only turntables that do not have a built-in pre-amp, or can I use either type. If I can use a turntable that has a built-in pre-amp, how do the two pre-amps work in relation to each other? Thanks
bob_gr
I have never seen a TT with a built in pre-amp but I would say that if you have one then use another input on the Rotel. Don't use the phono section on the Rotel unless you are using a TT with out a pre-amp.
The new German made T+A TT includes, as an option, a phono preamp., and SME 2 arm and a Benz cart. Could find the details but must do it later tonight.
brgds, Marcelo
Very few turntables have built in phono preamps, but if you have one that does you would not plug it into the Rotel phono input. Instead you should use one of the high level inputs (CD, AUX, etc.).
The reason to NOT use a preamp's phono input if it is a full preamp and not just a line stage, is that the circuit will have great gain and RIAA correction, which you already have from the tt phono stage.