phono pre-amp question

I have a Rotel RC1070 pre-amp, which has a built-in phono-pre-amp. Given that, can I use only turntables that do not have a built-in pre-amp, or can I use either type. If I can use a turntable that has a built-in pre-amp, how do the two pre-amps work in relation to each other? Thanks
bob_gr
Turntables with built in phono stages are simply designed for many modern pre amps with no phono stage ,i have a Rotel Ra 980bx intergrated with phono stage and it is very good in fact a guy i know who works at a hi - end store confided that Rotels built in phono stages are very good and believe me this guy loves vinyl and has a very expensive setup , in closing if your considering purchasing a turntable with built in phono stage see if the same turntable is available without the phonostage built in as i dont believe it would be an upgrade over your Rotels built in phono stage,the rc 1070 is the latest pre amp so it should sound fine , which turntable are you looking at ? is it a Project?
I am looking at the Music Hall MMF-5 turntable, which I believe does not have any phono pre-amp, etc.

I want to clarify my initial post, as I may have used some confusing terminology. My Rotel RC 1070 has a "phono input" according to the Rotel website. I was assuming that "phono input" "phono stage" and "phono pre-amp" all referred to the same thing - a device that converts the small phono signal from the cartridge to a signal readable by the main pre-amp.

Based on the above responses, I am assuming that as long as the turntable does not have a built-in phono stage or phono pre-amp, I would simply connect the turntable to my RC 1070 phono input.
You got it mate , there are other stand alone phono pre amps on the market that will better the Rotel built in phono pre amp , in my post i was refering to turntables with a pre built in and why this is the case , in closing only cheaper turntables have a phono pre amp built in ,thats why i thought you might be looking at one of the entry level Project turntables.If your lookung for an outbourd phono stage that wont break the bank try a Parasound z phono i believe it will better Rotels inbuilt stage $150.00 us www.parasound.com