wnat to downgrade my cables

I feel like I have too much $$ in my cabling considering the price of my system. Have all Yamamura M5000 and would rather have the $1000+ I would get used to put towards an amp upgrade and lesser cables. I like the warm sound of the yams. my system is:
Cary CD-308
Cary SLI-80
MM deCapo speakers

Thanks
stuartbranson
Great post, Trelja! I just got an email from another "Stuart" who insists upon spending $500-1000 for a PC. Funny coincidence. Happy New Year.
Thanks for all the sources! I have ordered a set of speaker cables from Gregg Straley as recommended from Listener57's post. We had a good correspondance so I thought I'd try his DIY design for 8' pair of sp. cable for $175 with a 1m pr. of IC's tuned for tube gear for $90 all on money back guarantee. Should be arriving in a couple days. If successful, I will continue my "downgrades". Thinking of selling my Audio Magic Stealth and going for a balanced power unit from Transcendent Sound. BTW. I don't have the Cary amp any more. Now have the Mastersound/Vaic 300b SE, 15w SET integrated.
I bought the cables recommended in by "Listener57" and I am very pleased. As much as memory serves they turned out to be every bit as good as my Yamamuras. Very detailed, clean and precise sound. No etchiness or harshness at all. Very musical. Sucessful experiment I'd say. Not thinking I'll ever need to replace these.
Further success on the Power Cord front. Sold my Shunyata, electraglide and PS audio, bought Ernie M's Prelude PCs and put some $$ into a new CDP and my system sounds GREAT!!!.....