Levinson separates vs. Audio Aero Capitole

I have heared very fine 360S and #37 transport from Levinson. How does Audio Aero Capitole player stack up to those?
hifinut
Natalie,
In what part of the country (U.S.A.?) do you live?
I'd like to hear your AA.
Regards, Ken
Hi,
I own a Levinson 390S CD player (upgraded from No. 39). I have auditioned the Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 player in my system (before I upgraded to the 390S). I think the 390S is sonically reasonably close to the Capitole, although I would give the nod to the Capitole on sonics alone. However, the 390S has a much better user interface and (I think) better build quality too. These are the reasons I ultimately decided to upgrade my 39 rather than purchase the Capitole. Another player worth your evaluation is the Electrocompaniet EMC-1 with 24/192 upgrade. Solidly built, cheaper than the others, sonically competitive, but no built in volume control (if that matters to you).
Good luck.
Craigza, that was a VERY fair and impartial assesment on your part. It is information like this that makes these forums worthwhile. Sean
>
I agree sean, Craigza comments are worth reading, however I always vlaue the "Blows away or kills" comments too...they are very informative