Argent Pursang - Your input, please....

Has anyone had the chance to listen to the Argent Pursang speaker cables? While I know it will be highly system-dependent, I'm curious as to how they might compare with my current Acoustic Zen Satori Shotguns? Do they like ribbons/tubes?

Based on comments I've read from users, I've yet to hear any drawbacks and the price point is within reach of my ever-shrinking wallet.
128x128gerryn
Hello George and Eric, all good comments from two great audiophiles. My personal comment is that we should compare apples with apples, not oranges with apples. Therefore, IMO price comparisions should be based on "new" or "used," rather than comparing used with new or vice versa.

I recently sold my Signature Speaker cables (after upgrading to the Pursang cables) for nearly 70% of retail price, which is rarely done in the resale market.

I really have enjoyed my Satori Shotguns, but again after reading George and Dennis' comments, I'm intrigued to say the least, by what I've heard and read about the Pursang.

I just wonder what I will lose (or gain) going from a bi-wired shotgun configuration to a single run of the Pursang. Then again, if the Pursang is what it has been reported to be, I could just break the bank and "double down" for a dual run of Pursangs to be able to continue bi-wiring my Piega P-10's.

Utimately, I really have to give the Pursangs an audition and with Rick's refund policy, I guess it's a no-brainer.

Interesting discussion.
Hello Gerryn, may I recommend that you contact Ric Cummins and ask him about your querry about what you will gain or lose by replacing your Satori bi-wire shotgun configuration for a single or double run of the Pursang cable. Or, you may contact me directly for additional information.
After reading a lot about the pursang cables in the internet I called Ric and ordered a pair of pursang speaker cables to use between my modified cj integrated and my proac ebs's. I could have sent the cabels back within four weeks!
The pursang are the best cables ever to grace my system. Just nothing to add to hawaikid. Very neutral, great resolution and soundstage.
Ric is a very, very nice guy! I also asked him about his experience with internal speaker cabling because I am always interested in tweaking my system. Ric sent me some cables for free to replace the standard QED copper cables used by proac. Rics cables needed about 150 hours to break in, but afterwards I was really shocked! The proac was a very neutral speaker with high resolution but Rics cables improved them at least 30%.

I'm living in germany and not involved in his business but I can only say, call him and give his cables a try....
I recently switched from AZ Satori's (a single run, not the DB) to the Pursang and couldn't be happier. The sound is just so much more alive without being tipped up or tizzy.

I was a little worried about the Pursang's having a "silvery" signiture, but they're sounding great and are are a real bargain at the used prices I've seen when they occasionally pop up on the 'Gon.