How many records do you own?

I sure this has been asked, but our collections grow and change. How many do you have and what kinds of music do you have? Where do you get most of your pressings?

I have around 4000, 1/4 - 1/3 are classical, 1/4 are folk and bluegrass, 1/4 jazz and the rest rock. Would like more Jazz.
I buy most of mine from garage sales and used record stores.
Just now finding out about new pressings and 180-220 gram discs!!!!
champtree
I'm with diamonddude........... anyone wanna give some of those old records up? BTW I had a group of audio buddy's over recently and we were comparing CD players (of the over $5,000 variety) and most of it was splitting hairs between the two. Then I put on an LP of the same CD we had been listening to without telling anyone. Everyone was gobsmacked to say the least.
Started back on Lps about two years ago... (after twenty years of CeeDees)
I have about 11,000 LPs
3,000 All Music Guide 4 or 5 star Rock
6,000+ Classical
2,800 Jazz (also 4 and 5 star in All Music Guide)
I have just added 250 CeeDee Jazz titles since Christmas (I gave up on finding any great Blue Note Jazz LPs, so I bought the CeeDees)
I have tossed out another 3,000 LPs I bought (when I first started buying) but found scratch free copies
Elizabeth - There are lots of great, original Blue Note LP's on Ebay - you just have to figure on spending $50 to "skys the limit" for them. I guess the relevant question is "At what price differential is an inferior cd or sacd preferable to a near mint original LP"? My limit is $200 for something really special but for the most part $50 - $100 for near mint quality. That's why I don't buy as many LP's as others on this thread but probably haven't spent much more in total.
My limit is CeeDee retail.
I did pay a bunch for a few LPs..
But most of my Classical and Rock were in the twenty CENT range.
My Jazz I admit is mostly in the $3 to $10 range.
So no way would I pay $50 for a scratched up original Bluenote. When the good copies cost $200. I will buy the CeeDee for $8.
And at least I can FIND the CeeDees... unlike the LPs.
(the Jazz LPs I have are whatever I can find that is available, at a low price, (like the Illinois Jaquet LP for ten cents)that is a four or five star item in the All Music Guide to Jazz. I am new to Jazz so I do not have a good idea of what is what, and the AMG has been a great resource for me, way better than the Penguin Guide)