Cd Recorders?

I've been toying around with the idea of getting a CD recorder. It appears that most CD recorders are not "audiophile" quality. Would that make much of a difference if you don't use the CD recorder for playback?

Furthermore, I already have a fantastic CD player so do I need a dual drive CD recorder? Finally, any thoughts about the newest CD recorders with hard drives. Do they really make things easier?
lrm1jaf
Makes awesome recordings from analogue but the out section DA is not to hot, however through a good DAC the sound can be very good. The disc burned are excellent.

jeff
Hi- If your simply copying from one CD to another, or making "greatest hits" compilation CDs, use a computer. It's much easier and more efficient. If you're recording from an analog source to CD, I highly recommend a stand-alone audio CD recorder. My preference is the Tascam line, because they are all multi-bit (I can't stand Bitstream) and are as easy to use as a cassette deck. Even the "budget" CD-RW4U ($325-350 street) makes great-sounding CDs from LPs. Feel free to e-mail me with specific questions.
Good Luck, Ed
I have had the same good experience with my Pioneer 839. Even the "analogue" copies, (copy of a copy is in this mode,) are very good. Highly recommended due to ease of use and quality of recordings.

Charlie