Merlin owners,any thoughts.......

Fixing to purchase some VSM-MM's.Was hoping to get some input on cable choices.I have Counterpoint amp.Bobby recommended Cardas Golden Ref.They are too expensive for me at this time.Thanks in advance,Bob
usblues
I second the Audience, a very safe bet and can be found for 600.00 used for a 2-2.5 meter pair.
Thanks guys,Bobby did mention the AU 24's also.I was hoping for 200$.I am not real knowledgeable about cables.I am using Tara Space & Time,they must be 15 yrs old.Does the Usedcable Co. let you try and then buy?Thanks again,I dont know what I would do without this site,Bob
I just realized someone reading this post will say,"He spends 8K for speakers and wants to only spend 200$ for cables".He must be crazy....well,I am now broke,also a Deadhead,and yes,crazy.
Usblues,
So we all stay sane, let's just assume that someday you'll upgrade to the Audience AU24.
For $200, assuming you mean for just speaker cables, you could look into Audiences newer lower priced models, not sure if that is cheap enough. Older Cardas is an option. The best budget cable I've heard is Signal Cable. It's definitely in your price range. Didn't hear them on VSMs, but they are solid product for their price...
Cheers, Spencer
At the risk of wearing out my welcome on this recommendation, I'm going to once again propose Stu Wein's (Audioparts) MAS Hybrid speaker cables. You can come in under budget, and he offers a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm using them in a system consisting of Von Schweikert VR4 SE speakers, VAC Phi 110/110 amp, First Sound Presence Deluxe II preamp, EMC 1-UP CD player and Acoustic Zen Matrix and Silver Reference interconnects. Do yourself a favor and try them. What've you got to lose?